What is happening in your life that is causing you to think about seeking help and support from a counselor/therapist?
When I first begin working with people in therapy, I always ask what they've been experiencing that is causing them to seek professional help and support through counseling. I want to know what the most pressing, stressful, and worrisome thing that they are struggling with is. Then together, we work to relieve their distress and upset as quickly as possible so they can begin to feel a little better.
Below are some of the challenges that people whom I've helped through therapy, were struggling with when they first began working with me. Perhaps you can relate...
- "I've been feeling stressed and stuck and I didn't know how to get my life back on track so I could move forward."
- "I recently found out that he had an affair. I don't know what to do because I can't stop thinking about it. But, we are here for counseling together to see if we can work things out and move on in our marriage."
- "I've been trying to work on myself so I can meet these goals I have for my life, but some of the things I'm trying to do aren't working out. I don't see much progress, and I don't know how to fix it or even fix me."
- "I am struggling with health issues, and I am feeling kinda crazy and out of control of my emotions and it's causing me problems at work and in my marriage."
- "I don't ever feel good enough. It always seems like I screw up every relationship. I don't want to be like this, but I feel so needy and insecure. I don't know what my problem is."
- "I have a chronic illness and it's really effecting my ability to live my life. I don't feel well, I'm exhausted, overwhelmed, in pain and I worry about the future."
- "I was abused as a kid, and I am feeling overwhelmed with past trauma memories. It's causing a lot of stress for me, and I can't focus at work."
- "I recently lost my dad. It was sudden, and I'm having trouble adjusting. Everyone keeps telling me I need to move on."
- "I gamble too much, my wife is threatening to leave me; I don't want to stop, but I also don't want to lose her."
Struggling through these types of difficult life experiences and dealing with all your painful feelings of loss, fear, betrayal, and sadness is something you do not need to do alone. However, contemplating going to counseling for the first time, or returning to therapy to work on some new or old issues is scary and can be an anxiety provoking process. It may be easy to tell yourself that you don't have time, you'll be okay and get through it without the help, or you can't afford it.
Yet, there is something happening for you right now that brought you to this place at this moment in time as you are reading this message. I encourage you to think about what you really need and what you are searching to find. Whatever is happening for you, I'm pretty sure you have a desire, need and interest in talking to someone about what you are going through so you can receive some encouragement and support.
Take the next step. Call me at (630) 864-7267, or email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Let's connect and set up a time to meet and begin working together.
I will provide you with a place where you can explore all of the questions, thoughts, struggles, feelings, and emotions that you have about your particular life challenges and experiences.
Sometimes when we feel the most alone, it is the exact time that we need to reach out and ask for help. You owe it to yourself to take care of yourself and to work through whatever is holding you back from fully experiencing the beauty and joy that you deserve.
You can contact me by calling (630) 864-7267 or by sending me an email.
I look forward to connecting with you to explore how I can help.
I would be honored to assist and support you in your life's journey, and I look forward to meeting you.
Offering and serving individual counseling and couples therapy services to Elgin, Bartlett, Streamwood. Hanover Park, West Chicago, Wayne, and Carol Stream, Illinois areas.